Thursday, July 12, 2012

Book Review:Nordic Fairies (Nordic Fairies #1)


Nordic Fairies (Nordic Fairies, #1)Nordic Fairies by Saga Berg
My rating: 5 of 5 stars
Number of pages:43
Published: January 17th 2012
Blurb: What would you do if your lover since a thousand years back in time reappeared after two years apart as a famous movie star, and you couldn't get to him?

Svala and Viggo have spent a hundred lives together over the last thousand years. As Liosálfar, Nordic light fairies, their job is to do good and to uphold a balance in the mortal world. A balance, often compromised by the Döckálfar, Nordic dark fairies.

In this life, Svala turns on her TV and learns that Viggo has become a popular movie star. This is not only highly unexpected, it indicates something is wrong and that Viggo is attempting to contact Svala before their assignments are carried out, an action which is strictly forbidden.

Svala seeks him out, but not without breaking a few rules of her own, and learning that things are not always as they seem.


This is the first part of the Novella Series Nordic Fairies. The second part Freja (Nordic Fairies, #2) was released in March 2012 and the third part, Döckálfar (Nordic Fairies, #3) will be released during the summer 2012. So far, a total of five parts are planned in the Nordic Fairies series.

Nordic Fairies is a low fantasy novella series with a new concept of fairies where Saga Berg introduces Nordic light and dark fairies, Liosálfar and Döckálfar in a contemporary setting. The series has been very well received by readers in all ages with high ratings and amazing reviews.


MY REVIEW:

Firstly,I would like to thank the author for providing me with a review copy of this wonderful book.

I usually have to contemplate a lot before giving a book five stars,but I did not even blink twice this time.As a novella,this was written really well.I did not have any trouble at all in getting into the story.I'm really glad that there were no unnecessary introductions.They make it hard for readers to concentrate on the main plot. But the book ended as quickly as it started off.But then again,I guess that's the whole point of a novella.A perfect read for a rainy day or a wonderful evening along with a cup of tea and biscuits.Since it's a novella,you can finish it within twenty to thirty minutes.This is quite convenient when you have a lot of work on your hands ,whether it be schoolwork or office work, and have very little spare time.

I'm really glad that I got to read such a wonderful book.If the author had not given me a review copy,I may not have even considered this.Definitely grabbing the other two books in the series.=D

View all my reviews
 

1 comment:

  1. Everything is very open with a clear explanation of the issues.

    It was truly informative. Your site is useful. Thanks for sharing!


    Also visit my web-site: London Asian massage;
    ,

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting!You are absolutely about to make my day! :)
I really appreciate feedback from my readers on every single one of my posts but please keep in mind that Daydreaming Bookworm is an award free zone. I used to accept blog award tags before but now I really don't have the time.Sorry!